About Me

My photo
Father, husband and currently in-between jobs. Just relocated to Michigan from Nebraska and am on the hunt for work! These are my musings about life so far and what I've done.

Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm living in the days ahead...

I had such a busy weekend! On Saturday I went down to Kansas City for my cousin's wedding reception. It was very pretty. I didn't know most of the people at the reception, so for a while I just sat at a table with my mom or mingled a little around. One of my cousins who saw that I was off on my own came over and talked to me a little, which was really considerate of him. After a little while, I asked my uncle if he could get me into a group somewhere and he introduced me to some other guys. I had a really encouraging time with people, then. That was a huge highlight of my evening!

On Sunday God really spoke to my heart in Sunday-school. We're going through 1 John. John is writing about living out what we know in the Bible. He uses several interesting contrasts such as light versus darkness and truth versus deceit. I know that God wanted me to be in this class because of the emphasis on putting the lifestyle behind our faith. The teacher made a comment that stuck with me. He said that we need to be careful that our lifestyle doesn't deny Christ. It really got me thinking about how a Christian should walk.

Our lives are like a collection of exhibits in a court of law. There will be evidence that either supports the fact that we are followers of Christ, or eveidence that denies it. How much conflicting evidence do we build up on a daily basis that we don't even think about? How many exhibits are we displaying to the court of the world and of the angels that we're Christians? If someone were to lay out our actions, words and thoughts, would the world be able to make a clear verdict?

Some questions that are going through my mind, are still about media. Is the music I'm listening to clear enough about Christ that someone could understand the Gospel through it? If someone un-saved sat down and watched all the movies in my library, could I tell them that God makes a difference in my life without saying anything afterward? Another question is, "Could I even present the Gospel to them in good conscience?" Does God even make any noticeable difference in me at all? Sure, I don't wear a tee-shirt that says, "Hi. I'm a Christian." But if all my exhibits were pinned up at the mall, could people see a theme about Christ in my life?

After Sunday-school and church, God brought some very encouraging people to me. One young man was sharing with me about his devotional life, which really lifted my heart up to God! Another young man came up to me and introduced himself. He was in the youth group one night when a friend and I shared about our passion for evangelism. He said that he'd been thinking about our ministry and that God had been speaking to him about it. So I encouraged him to read more of the Bible and to practice what he understands. It was completely a God-thing!

An awesome song that's been ministering to me lately, is What Could Be Better, by 33 Miles. Am I the only one who's noticed a lack of songs written about looking forward to Heaven?

I've heard it said today
Is all we're given
Tomorrow may not come
So you better start living
I guess it all depends
On your point of view

Pardon me if I
Just don't listen
To everything the world
Says I'm missing
There's nothing here and now

I'm gonna hold on to

Chorus:
I'm living in the days ahead
I'm already dancing on the streets of gold
Can't stop celebrating in my soul
I'm living in the days ahead
Nothing on earth could ever compare
Can't wait for the day when I get there
When I see Jesus face to face
Tell me what could be better
Tell me what could be better

If home is where the heart
Is then I'm in Heaven
It's the promise of tomorrow
That I've been given
Who is waiting there I am living for

He's everything I love
And I believe in
And I can hardly wait
Just to see Him
And hear Him say well done
I couldn't ask for more

Chorus:
I'm living in the days ahead
I'm already dancing on the streets of gold
Can't stop celebrating in my soul
I'm living in the days ahead
Nothing on earth could ever compare
Can't wait for the day when I get there
When I see Jesus face to face
Tell me what could be better
Tell me what could be better

Life is full of ups and downs
Inside outs, round and rounds
Can't blame me for dreaming about it

Chorus:
I'm living in the days ahead
I'm already dancing on the streets of gold
Can't stop celebrating in my soul
I'm living in the days ahead
Nothing on earth could ever compare
Can't wait for the day when I get there
When I see Jesus face to face
Tell me what could be better
Tell me what could be better

May the grace and peace of our Lord and Jesus be with you always,

~Curtis~

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Awesome song Curtis! I love it. How wonderfully encouraging. I love your blog because it always has such great things to say. See what did I tell you bro, you are already making a difference in the lives around you, including mine. When you let God work through, you can create such wonderful works for him. Thanks for sharing that and I hope you have a great day!!
Be happy today because you have the love God and your sister praising you!
God Bless Bro!
Jessica

Curtis said...

Thanks for the encouragement, sis! I'm just trying to let God speak through me. It's been amazing how God brings blessings back like you! Lol, I am happy today! *woot* Besides that, it's a beauuutiful day out!

Muchos love and prayers!
~Curtis~

PS. oh! And an e-hugg!

*hugg*

:-)

Jessica said...

Thanks Bro!! Here is a e-hug back!!
*Hug*
You have a gift Bro and with God you are going to do amazing things, and I am enjoying sitting back and watching, metaphorically of course lol. I am glad you count me as a blessing, I can be a hindrance lol. Meeting you has definitely been a blessing in my life.
I too had a great day, we got enough snow to have a snowball fight and build a snowman, so how can I complain?
Keep your head up, keep smiling, and bask in the love from your heavenly father and distant sister!
Blessings and Love Bro!!
Jessica

Jessica said...

So I just went through a random link click on your page and glad I did. It must have been God led because I was amazed by what I found. And all it proves is to things I already knew-
1. God can take you on an amazing journey and do wonders in your life if you led him lead.
and
2. You are so awesome and totally doing God's work! Bro You can literally change the world if you keep letting God work through you.
God Bless Bro!
Much Love from your Twin!
Jessica
P.S. Is Mary Nikki and Jo's little sister? Her blog was really good.

Curtis said...

Well, I've made the Apostle Paul one of my role models. I want to live as devotedly to the Gospel as he did. When I read through his epistles I think, "this was an actual letter to somebody." And I start thinking about how encouraging my little comments and replies could be if I was as focused as he was.

Yes, Mary is Jo and Nikki's little sister, lol. She's probably the cutest, funniest, sharpest little kid I've ever known.

Thanks again for being such a huge blessing to me, Jess! You're in my prayers every morning and every night. If you ever need prayer for anything specific, let me know!

Love and prayers,
~Curtis~
*aka, 'Twinny'* :-D

Jessica said...

Every life has a reason and every moment is worth living. If any one knew that it was the Apostle Paul.
Well Mary Jo is adorable and sounds just like my little sister. In fact she picked the same background for her blog. By the way I am going to post a Poem she wrote so be on the look out lol.
Curtis that means a lot to me. Hey and prayers I can get make a difference lol. Seriously though, I am thankful God brought a good friend like you into my life, it is definitely a bright spot and an encouragement.
Same back at you Bro, you are in my prayers but if there is ever anything specific let me know. For know I will just pray that God keeps using you in amazing ways and that you stay open to his guidance.
Have a fantastic day Bro and Live every moment to the fullest!!
Love and blessings,
Jessica

Anonymous said...

You recognize, people each time manufacture comments when anything is predicted to take place in 2012, like “obviously that is if the faction is hush here.” You do effectuate that the Mayans suggest the creation will finish on Dec. 21 (or 23rd)? So in all good chance if anything is affluent to encounter in 2012 there is solitary the slimmest feasibility that the everybody will take ended first it happens.
[url=http://2012earth.net
]2012 end of world
[/url] - some truth about 2012