About Me

My photo
Father, husband and currently in-between jobs. Just relocated to Michigan from Nebraska and am on the hunt for work! These are my musings about life so far and what I've done.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm not who I was, but still not who I should be...

Who am I?
I'm not who you might think.
I've tried to fit in with your notion of perfection, but I know I still don't measure up.
I don't measure up to my own notion of perfection.
Nobody measures up, but I don't make that my excuse.
I'm just another sick person sitting across from my cure... convincing myself that I don't need it while I'm wasting away...
Is it still alright for me to tell others about the cure?
Yes, but I need to work more on allowing myself to me cured.
Sometimes I rush in where angels fear to tread.
Living means taking risks.
But does that mean that I live at all costs?
That depends on what I'm living for.
I know I don't always live for the right things.
Sometimes I try and sometimes I don't.
But God has used my mistakes to make something beautiful.
I need to learn to live for God more.
The more I live for God, the easier the smaller things will be.
If I am faithful in smaller things, God will give me bigger things.
Doing what's right often means doing what's hard.
And being faithful is hard, lol.
I need to protect my brothers and sisters.
I need to stop wasting myself away.
I need to do so much more in order to get to where I need to be...

God bless,
~Curtis~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So this is your stream of conscious blog, eh? haha.
Sometimes I wish I could just type the things I'm really thinking about and not try to make them look like something else.

Fight the good fight, finish the race. Press on toward the Goal! =)

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

So I got your message last night but it was really late. I left my phone my phone at home so I didn't have it with me.
As far as a movie night, I'm still game. This weekend will not work though, (unless you want to do it on Sunday) as I am out of town Friday and Saturday. Sorry!
My life is crazy busy and sometimes it just works out that way. =) Let me know what you want to do!