About Me

My photo
Father, husband and currently in-between jobs. Just relocated to Michigan from Nebraska and am on the hunt for work! These are my musings about life so far and what I've done.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Breakthrough!!! Please read!

I've been praying for this girl I know, "Becky" for months and months now. Her life is an incredibly broken road, but she knows that God has been drawing her to Himself. If I have ever poured the most of myself into an unbeliever, "Becky" is the one I have poured myself into! Every time I chat with her, I felt like I always ran up against a brick wall of "works-righteousness," but God gave me the opportunity to break that down today! I shared several verses with her about being "dead" in our trespasses and sins and about how salvation is through faith apart from works. I used several analogies and common sayings to make it real for her, too. Eventually, she said that she had to go and think about everything because she had never looked at salvation that way before. God is sooo amazing, people!

Please tell everybody you know to pray for "Becky." I have asked God that He would give me this one soul and I need everybody to be in prayer for her. Wouldn't it be amazing if we could get a hundred people to pray for this lost one?

~Curtis~

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I will pray like crazy bro. Thank you for sharing that!!
God Bless Bro!!
Jessica

Curtis said...

Thank you sooo much! I've started a prayer group for her on Facebook and I'm really excited to see Christians I don't even know come together to pray! It's really cool.

~Curtis~

Jessica said...

That is so unbelievable that we keep doing this lol. I started one on battle cry lol. Here is a prayer one of the girls posted:
Dear Lord I lift up this girl "Becky" to you. I pray that you would open her heart and her mind, and that you would soften her to your grace, and that she would see you through new and opened eyes. God I thank you for her friend that you have placed in her life to witness to her, and I pray that you would continue to use him. Please soften her heart Lord, and help her to see that you love her. Help her to see how much you want to pour out your grace and your love upon her Lord. we love you Lord. amen

This is amazing isn't it? Let me know how everything turns out!!
Jessica

Curtis said...

Woah! That is sooo cool! Who was it that posted that prayer, do you know?

Ooh! Btw, I got a battle cry the other day! I'll getcha the link... http://www.battlecry.com/battleplan.php?username=evenfall I need some trenchmates, though. ;-)

Love and prayers!
~Curtis~

Jessica said...

Her name is cowgirl and this is her page:
http://www.battlecry.com/battleplan.php?username=cowgirl
She is awesome and practically me in another life lol.
Happy Valentines day!!!
Jessica