About Me

My photo
Father, husband and currently in-between jobs. Just relocated to Michigan from Nebraska and am on the hunt for work! These are my musings about life so far and what I've done.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A little bit of humor

So I promised some of y'all that I'd post something funny. Well here it is. :-) I broke it up into paragraphs so that it'd be easier to read.

I was taking a walk the other day and I couldn’t help but notice this lady, walking her dogs. I don’t think that people realize how smart dogs have to be. The lady had to keep pulling the leash up and she kept saying, “No, no, no,” over and over again. It’s like, are you sure about that command? You sound a little uncertain. Your voice keeps going up at the end like you may be trying to ask a question, but your vocabulary is too limited.

I’ll bet if the dogs could talk, they’d say, “What? Ohh, haha. I bet you actually thought that I had forgotten what I wasn’t supposed to do, ahahaha!” After I passed them, I felt like just stopping and watching them as they progressed down the sidewalk. Excuse me; do you mind if I stand and stare in wonderment at the training you invested in those animals? I wonder what kind of growing up those dogs had. Did you play Puppy Einstein to them when they were having their tummy time in the kennel? Maybe I could just take some notes while this dog show is in the neighborhood?

It actually reminded me of a little kid holding a couple balloons while walking into a stiff wind. The lady looked like she certainly couldn't suffer any from a good walk every day. The rest of her sort of rippled as she moved. It was like watching a cube of ballistic gel hit the floor after you've dropped it.

I must say, the whole experience was fascinating and definitely made my day.

God bless!
~Curtis~

3 comments:

Swan said...

Lololol! I can just picture that happening in my mind! In fact there's a dude in my neighborhood tht does the very same thing lol! I guess every block has one of those kinds of people. = D

Curtis said...

*grins* Yea, I thought it was funny how people use the word 'no' to somehow be the universal command for everything they could ever hope, wish, or dream for...

Swan said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Don't tell anyone but... *looks side to side*... my Mom does that!!!

*runs and hides under a rock*

...