About Me

My photo
Father, husband and currently in-between jobs. Just relocated to Michigan from Nebraska and am on the hunt for work! These are my musings about life so far and what I've done.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Will You Carry Me Down The Aisle That Final Day

I've been listening to a band that has managed to impress and surprise me. They're called Demon Hunter and I recently purchased their newest album: Storm the Gates of Hell. One song in particular has stood out. Here are the lyrics:

Carry Me Down

And if you see me losing ground
Don't be afraid to lie
I know the pain inside my heart
Can't break the fear inside of yours
And if you see me losing faith in what it means to die
Don't let me leave before I know what lies beyond the stained-glass doors

Save sorrow for the souls in doubt
Bleed every care out

Will you carry me down the aisle that final day,
with your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight?
When you lower me down beneath that sky of grey,
let the rain fall down and wash away your pain.

For every word we never spoke,
We have a tear to cry
For every silence like a wall between a better you and I.
So if you see me losing sight of all the death in life
Find the peace in every time I failed to see the death in mine

Let all the fear inside you drown
Tear out the blade and lay it down
Save sorrow for the souls in doubt
Bleed every care out

Oh, the blood is rushing out
Oh, I'm better off without
Oh, the walls are closing in
Oh, sing for me again


The song talks about the hope of the resurrection. It's a theme that has nearly vanished from the Christian's perspective and mind, it seems. Paul explains the consequences of a life without resurrection in 1 Corinthians 15.13-14, 17-19:

"But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain. ...your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied."

Paul wraps up chapter 15 with the triumphal verses 51-54:

"Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: 'Death is swallowed up in victory.'"

Thank God that there is a resurrection of the soul! Live in the hope of the resurrection and life will take on whole new perspectives and brilliance.

God bless,
~Curtis~

3 comments:

Swan said...

!!! u like deamon hunter????? lol i love that band! power to ya!! =)

Anonymous said...

Isn't demon hunter a screamo band?
I strongly dilike sreamo bands. Sometimes the lyrics are still good, but I just can't stand the noise they dare to call "music". *grin*

Tiffany said...

Hehe...I second Casandra's feelings. :D Though a great post! The hope of the resurrection is so beautiful! Thanks for the reminder!