About Me

My photo
Father, husband and currently in-between jobs. Just relocated to Michigan from Nebraska and am on the hunt for work! These are my musings about life so far and what I've done.

Friday, October 12, 2007

I like BBQing

It's time for another blog. So here I am, sitting in front of Jeeves, waiting for the Spirit to move me. *sigh* I don't like being pressured to do anything. It's like sitting down and being told to write a 10 chapter piece of historical fiction at gun-point. It just doesn't work. Oh wells. I'm sure I'll move past it.

I've been attacked by praying mantises. A few days ago, one fell off the ceiling of my little porch right next to me. It scared the Sam Hill outta me! And then today, I looked to the right of Jeeve's screen to discover one crawling up my leg. This time it only scared the Emily Dickinson outta me. I calmly flicked him off into the grass and then quietly screamed into my sleeve. Now, I guess I don't mind them that much, but I'd really prefer that they find somewhere else to do their praying.

I bought the biggest, fuzziest slippers the other day. I just walked into Wal-mart and there they were. Well, maybe not quite like that. I was looking at external dvd drives and ingredients for homeade bombs when for some reason, I wandered over to the shoe department. I was just about to head back to electronics when a couple furry creatures caught my eye. They were made to look like the severed heads of two bull dogs. To put them on, you had to stick your feet in their mouths. Strangely enough, this appealed to me. So now I am the proud owner of Alex and Samantha. (Alex is the left foot swallower and Samantha is the right foot swallower) It's great! I still get worried looks from my mom each time I walk through the house.


Wow. I am literally falling asleep as I write this. I've been getting more and more tired at night. This disturbs me. I'm a teenager. What happened to my epic ability to stay up all night and party? I even chugged down a little Mountain Dew goodness before heading to my underground lair. Maybe it's for the best anyway. I have a ton of things that I have to get done before tomorrow... er... today is over. *grins*

And I still haven't convinced my mom to let me wear my pajamas to school yet. I'm disappointed. I don't know how many times I've bugged her about letting me take Alex and Sam to class already. I look fairly respectable in my 'jammies, lol. Me: "It's not like I'd be breaking any dress codes..." Dad: "No, but you would be, soon after." Wearing 'jammies is all the rage in China. The Chinese get away with it all the time. It's pretty fascinating.

Welp, I'm gone like a snowman in July. Until next time, bieeee!
~Curtis~

11 comments:

Johanna said...

wow, that was really good Curtis! good stuff. So when I think of global warming, I think of those long solar flares that pop out of the sun. are those supposed to do that, or is it like, a freak accident that happens sometimes when we're least expecting it? maybe only old people can feel them and that's where they get those "hot flashes"? so maybe global warming is only a bunch of cranky old ladies talking about their "hot flashes"? man, it would be so much easier to manage Global Warming if it was that simple, cause all you'd have to do is tell the sun to stop making those solar flares. then all your problems would be over, and you'd have about 5 million happy old people! thoughts?

Jessica said...

Well first. Good blog Curtis. I was wondering when you were finally going to write it, since you said you would 3 days ago. And of course you had to write it after I was asleep. I got bored waiting for you to start talking lol. But the praying Mantis stuff was funny and PLEASE do not go to school in your pj's. I always found it ridiculous when people did that. Worse case scenario, sleep in you clothes and wear them the next day.
And it looks like you got tagged by Jo too lol. Thank you Jo for these lovely comments. I am sure the grannies of the world are applauding you. Pretty soon there will be a Jo day at the senior center.
Jessica

Jessica said...

I think we annoyed jo lol
she deleted are comments heehee.
Hmm maybe I shouldn't have told her that trick
Jessica

Johanna said...

oh, it was a good trick. hehehe. I was very pleased to learn it. I can feel the POWER! :)

Jessica said...

LOl I have created a monster lol.
I actually do not blame you. I did the same thing on my blog. Poor curtis I kept deleting his comments! We can get a little of track.
Sorry curtis!

Curtis said...

WAAAAA!!! Well I'm not gonna delete you guys' comments...

Jessica said...

I wouldn't blame you if you did Curtis lol. Btw why is this blog about bbqing? there is no bbqing even mentioned. I feel like that is a valid question.

Curtis said...

I couldn't think of a good title, lol. It's a random post, so I thought I'd give it a random title. *grins* I'm just cool like that.

Jessica said...

lol that is kind of what i figured. who'd of thunk, so much weirdness yet a wonderful poetic side all wraped up in to one clean package lol.
Have a great night!
Your sister in Christ,
Jessica

Curtis said...

Pretty much. Except that sometimes this package has some postage due, lol.

Jessica said...

LOL a few stamps missing?